Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Easy Peasy DIY Donkey Costume


This is a really simple way to make a donkey costume. The credit goes to Angela Howard. I saw this idea on her blog, Bible Class Creations.

Since I am not much of an artist, I decided
to print my donkey head. Even drawing a simple outline is a challenge for me. I found a donkey picture online that was in the public domain.

I "tiled" it to print it in a large enough size to make the head. You can see where I taped it together in the photo below.


Next, I made a slit in my box to insert the donkey "head." I also slit the inserted part of the donkey's head so that it would stay in position when inserted.
 You can see better how I folded back the 2 slit halves of the inserted tab for the donkey head in the picture below.
 Here is a view from above to see how the donkey costume works. You can add string or rope so that it can suspend from a child's shoulders, or they can just hold it up as shown below.

 

Just holding up the donkey costume.

From the Bible Class Creations Blog. Costume with rope to hold up the donkey.


Pirate Themed Trunk & Treat

Shiver me timbers and batton down the hatch, it's trunk and treat time and have we got a theme for you. Be sure to check the video out a...